Muscle Growth Catalyst
Muscle Builder ◆ Strength ◆ Endurance
Feel the Strength
Build Performance™ pairs with the Ultra 30® shakes to create the ultimate catalyst to ignite muscle protein synthesis (MPS). For maximum support in muscle building and recovery for post workout and intense physical activity.
Learn more about Build Performance™ from
Kjersti Coté, Chief Science Officer.
Unlock the potential of protein for optimal muscle protein synthesis and recovery post physical activity.*
Post workout and after intense physical activity are the most important times to provide the body what it needs to help with optimal recovery and assist with increased lean muscle. Build Performance™ features Velositol®, a patented complex that when combined with the Ultra 30® shakes, creates the ultimate catalyst to ignite muscle protein synthesis (MPS).
Build also features added plant-based BCAAs, bolstering the BCAA profile with your Ultra 30® Shake, ensuring maximum support for muscle building, as well as tart cherry extract to assist with elevated recovery and healthy inflammatory responses.
Supports Increased Strength and Jumping Power
Assists in the Impact and Power of Protein
Assists Muscle Protein Synthesis Post Exercise
Aids in Healthy Lipid Metabolism (fat burning)
Velositol® is a patented complex that is designed to work as the perfect partner to protein. Velositol, when combined with whey protein, plant protein, and branched chain amino acids, helps to significantly amplify the impact on muscle protein synthesis (MPS). Velositol has been clinically shown to improve strength and enhance jumping power, increase muscle endurance, and double squat reps to failure. Velositol’s highly soluble amylopectin stimulates insulin’s safe and controlled release, while chromium enhances insulin function and increases muscle cells’ sensitivity to it. A single dose of Velositol added to protein is clinically shown to increase muscle protein synthesis significantly more than protein and exercise alone.
There are 20 different amino acids that make up the thousands of different proteins within the human body. 9 of these amino acids are essential amino acids, meaning they cannot be made by your body and must be obtained through your diet. Of the 9 essential amino acids, 3 amino acids are the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs)- leucine, isoleucine and valine. BCAAs account for 35% of the essential amino acids found in muscle proteins and 40% of the total amino acids required by your body. BCAAs play an important role in building muscle. However, your muscles require all the essential amino acids as well as non-essential amino acids for optimal muscle building synthesis. Supplementing with increased BCAAs promotes decreased muscle soreness by reducing damage in exercised muscles.
Tart cherry intake in the days leading up to and immediately following intense physical exercise promotes improved endurance, supports healthy blood pressure, helps to decrease uric acid, and also supports healthy inflammatory response. Tart cherry also assists to reduce muscle breakdown, reduce muscle strength loss, muscle soreness and speed up recovery, especially in resistance-trained individuals.
Studies & Science
1. Effects of an Amylopectin-Chromium Complex Plus Whey Protein on Strength and Power After Eight Weeks of Resistance Training
2. Water, Hydration and Health
3. Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Conference and Expo
4. Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Conference and Expo
5. The addition of an amylopectin/chromium complex to branched-chain amino acids enhances muscle protein synthesis in rat skeletal muscle
6. Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Conference and Expo
7. Timing and distribution of protein ingestion during prolonged recovery from resistance exercise alters myofibrillar protein synthesis
8. Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin protein synthesis after resistance exercise in young men
9. Oral chromium picolinate improves carbohydrate and lipid metabolism and enhances skeletal muscle Glut-4 translocation in obese, hyperinsulinemic (JCR-LA corpulent) rats
10. Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial
11. Supplementation of a suboptimal protein dose with leucine or essential amino acids: effects on myofibrillar protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in men
12. Consumption of fat-free fluid milk after resistance exercise promotes greater lean mass accretion than does consumption of soy or carbohydrate in young, novice, male weightlifters
13. Branched-Chain Amino Acid Ingestion Stimulates Muscle Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise in Humans
14. Free leucine supplementation during an 8-week resistance training program does not increase muscle mass and strength in untrained young adult subjects
15. Activation of mTORC1 by leucine is potentiated by branched-chain amino acids and even more so by essential amino acids following resistance exercise
16. Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise
17. Cochrane review: Whole-body cryotherapy (extreme cold air exposure) for preventing and treating muscle soreness after exercise in adults
18. Influence of tart cherry juice on indices of recovery following marathon running
19. Powdered tart cherry supplementation demonstrates benefit on markers of catabolism and muscle soreness following an acute bout of intense lower body resistance exercise
20. Effects of powdered Montmorency tart cherry supplementation on an acute bout of intense lower body strength exercise in resistance trained males
21. Montmorency cherry juice reduces muscle damage caused by intensive strength exercise
22. Sweet and sour cherry phenolics and their protective effects on neuronal cells
23. Powdered tart cherry supplementation demonstrates benefit on markers of catabolism and muscle soreness following an acute bout of intense lower body resistance exercise
24. Effects of powdered Montmorency tart cherry supplementation on an acute bout of intense lower body strength exercise in resistance trained males
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, diabetic or taking prescription drugs, consult with healthcare provider prior to use.